Thursday, April 14, 2016

CUSCO HERE I COME :)

Hellohellohello!
This week I depart to Cuscotopia, my ultimate-summer-getaway. ¡¡WAHOO!!
Is that crazy or what?! My time in the CCM is practically over, and we
catch a plane to Cusco Tuesday morning, super early. (so PS I
don’t think I’ll get to write next week, so it’ll be two weeks
without word.)
At the CCM, we’ve been talking about the day we leave for so long, and
it is almost here! I thought the time was so slow the first weeks, I
remember that feeling, but now it blows my mind that it’s been a week
since I last wrote. (pretty sure I said that last week in my letter,
BUT IT IS CRAZY)
Cusco is calling my name so loud, I can hear it! I cannot wait. Last
night, we had an MTC devotional with the area 70 Elder Caldarron, who
used to be the mission president in Cusco! (I’m pretty sure he was the
pres. when Kyle and Riley were there, which is crazy too) That made me
even more pumped.
This week my bowel movements have been unreal. I don’t know what it is
about Peru, but wow, I’ve spent more time in the bathroom here in Peru
than I think I ever have in my life. And that might come by surprise
to my mom, because she always accused us kids of hiding out in the
bathroom after dinner trying to avoid doing the dishes, ha 
I have a new teaching companion for the week, so I’ve had 3 here at
the CCM now. (Hermana Haws is still my actually companion, but
teaching lessons wise we switch.) Hermana Holmes is my soul sister,
and I knew it when she said her fave song was that song, “You
Make my Dreams Come True” by Hall and Oates. WHAT. That’s MY favorite
song. Anyways, I am positive we will be pals-for life.
One of the hermanas has a shirt that says “swag” on it, and one of the
older groundskeeper men was like, “Que significa ‘swag’”, and we were
all trying to explain it to him in our broken Spanish. One of the
latino Elders had told us how to say it in Spanish, I don’t know how
to spell it, but it sounds like “bow-teen”, and so we said that to
him, and he said, “Um, not a word en español”, so then thinking I’m
really helping him out I say, “Esta es mas o menos una nueva palabra
con los jovenes” or this is kind of a new word with the young people.
Haha, THEN, I realized: I just dug myself a hole and jumped in,
because people never want to be called old. We laughed it off, and now
whenever he sees me, he jokes to me about it.
We’ve made a choir here, and are doing a musical number for a
world-wide broadcast to all the seminary teachers in the world. They
asked the Peru MTC missionaries for a random reason that I don’t know,
but I am am SO grateful for this opportunity. We feel darned special
here to do it. The song we are singing is “Señor, te necesito”, and I
love that song. (I Need Thee Every Hour) We sing this song all the
time, and every time we sing, I feel my love for my Savior more and
more, and how I truly DO need him in every aspect of my life.
Everything in my life points back to the Savior. I love Him so much.
Which reminds me, I feel really grateful for the opportunity to wear
my tag every day. On it at the top it says, “Hermana Clark”, and then
it says right under that, “La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de
Los Ultímos Dias”. And that’s it. My name and the name of the church.
I’ve come to realize why I’m called Hermana Clark out here. On my
mission, I’m not representing Addy. But, I do represent the Clark
family, and gosh, I never want to do that name wrong. I love my mom
and dad way too much. I feel a great priveledge to represent them here
in Peru, because as far as I know, I’m the only Clark here in this
beautiful country, and they aren’t here, so I´m the sole
representative. (I really try to rep the Clark house in the best way)
And then right below my name is the name of Christ. I am a
representative of Him, and wow, what an honor. This work is His, and
all the good that I do here is His. I feel that I am His hands,
because even though he can’t show up to a Peruvian door with a message
of hope, or perform manual labor to help a person in need, I can. My
life is just so good, and I can’t help but feel blessed all the time.
Elder Holland said, “When you feel discouraged, remember that you are
standing shoulder to shoulder with the most perfect missionary that
ever lived”. That fills my heart with love and I am SO grateful.
Like Ammon says in the Book of Mormon, “Yea, I know that I am nothing:
As to my strength I am weak; therefore, I will not boast of myself,
but I will boast of my God, for in his strength, I can do all things!”
(Alma 26) I KNOW that all the joy I feel now is not because of me and
my strength, but because of the strength I find in Him, the creator of
all things good.
I’m so so excited to go to Cusco, and I KNOW I will have some stories
for next week Tuesday is “the start of something new”, even
better than when Gabriela and Troy sang karaoke together. And I mean,
that’s a bold statement.
Still praying for you all! Oh and if you are feeling extra sweet this
week, please send me pics! You don’t even have to send me a letter,
just quickly attach a pic from your iphone to “mail”, in the “To:”
box, type addysen.clark@myldsmail.net, and then click SEND!
Easy-peasy. That would make me happier than a bird with a worm.
LOVE YOU ALL A MILLION!


 Hermana Hawes! 
 Hermana Holmes (song soul mate!) 
 We're here to serve YOU! 
 In front of "Jurassic Park" 
High Five for Five Weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment