Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 3, yeehaw







HELLO HELLO FROM PERU!
Another fab week in paradise. Peru is just getting better and better.
How was Easter?! All the latinos here think that the American
traditions are just SO strange. One of the latinos said, “Why bunnies?
Why eggs? Why are they hidden?” Haha, I realized that I have no idea
why. It´s so funny, I love America.
The CCM is good, very good. SO much learning in one day, it’s a 16
hour day of basically going to school, teaching, service, more school,
learning about the gospel, work out, eat sleep. And your just ALWAYS
trying to get the most of it. You know how on the garden hose there’s
usually the “jet” setting that makes the water come out super fast?
Well, the CCM is kind of like drinking from the jet hose. You still
get water in your mouth, but it really hurts your face sometimes.
That’s my #analogybyaddy for the day, thank you thank you.
This week, all the Latinas that we have had for the last 3 weeks
headed out on their different missions. All the native spanish
speakers are only in the CCM for 3 weeks, and so we had to say goodbye
to them all on Monday. My heart just broke for them to leave, because
they are my BFF’s. No seriously. As I watched the bus that they all
packed into drive away, I cried tears of love, because they are going
to change lives, and be the best missionaries South America has ever
seen. WE all sang God be with you till we meet again in spanish
together before they left.
Also, this week one of the Elders in our zone went home. It broke all
of our hearts, because we wanted him to be out serving with us, but he
had to do what was best for him and I respect that.
On Thursday, I was feeling more homesick than ever. I missed my family
and my friends and was just thinking, “Man, my life was WAY easy
before this, and my family is the best, and I just took it all for
granted”. I just thought, “how easy would it be to be home or at BYU
Idaho right now?”. It would be a lot easier for me, that’s for sure.
BUT. That day when we all watched our friend catch the plane home back
to America, my heart was just so full of gratitude for the opportunity
I have to be here in Peru, and I don´t want to come home. Haha, I love
it so much here, and like I’ve said before, it’s already the hardest
thing I’ve ever done in my life, but you know what? It’s hard for
everyone. All of us missionaries have talked together, and  I’ve
realized, “hey Hermana Clark, it isn’t just you”. It’s made me toughen
up a lot more, you know like “rub a lil dirt on it” like Papa says?
Also, this week Hermana Haws (mi compaƱera) and I were called to be
the Sister Leaders here at the CCM, which I am pumped about.  All the
new sisters came today, and they are so sweet and cute and SO ready,
and so we are like the little mother hens of all the hermanas here in
the CCM, the latinas and the americanos, :)The CCM is a teeny-tiny in
comparison to the Provo Missionary Training Center, there’s only about
60 missionaries here I’d say right now.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE, I cant even explain. I loved
General Conference before the mission, but this love is like a
completely different level. I am so excited to hear the prophet speak.
(and because we have general conference, we dont have classes on
Saturday, wahoo!)
We play so much futbol here, we play every day. Two days ago, I had a
hat trick, and YES I know what that means. Pretty soon David Beckham
is going to be calling me and inviting me to dinner parties at his
house, and we’ll play a little one-on-one. ;)
Spanish lesson of the week. Alright class, pescado=fish. It’s usually
dead fish, like in the form that you eat. And then peCado (aka no s)
is sin. Okay, don’t forget that.
This week in on of my lessons, I said, “Through our Savior Jesus
Christ, we can be clean of fish”. The investigator (the one listening
to my lesson) was very confused and like started to nervous laugh, and
I was just like, “oh no no no, pecados! Pecados!” Anyways, now you all
know and are prepared to teach the doctrine that, “Through the Savior,
we can be clean of sin” :)
But in all seriousnesss, I KNOW that to be true. Our Savior Jesus
Christ suffered for us, and gave himself as a sacrifice for our sins
to meet the demands of justice. Because of Him, we all have the
opprotunity to live with our Heavenly Father again. BUT! It doesn’t
stop there. In order for us to be clean and free of guilt and sadness
about sad mistakes, we have to ACT. We have to have faith in Jesus
Christ and follow his commandments, and be willing and ready to change
our lives and follow Him. It doesn’t take a mere, “sure yeah, I
believe in the Savior”. It takes us striving to be like Him, and
sharing the love with others that he shares with us. We can do that no
matter what our circumstance. As you put forth your very VERY best
effort, Christ recognizes that, and He lifts you up and carries you
the rest of the way.
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It has changed my life
and my heart for the best.
I know the Book of Mormon is true. I’ve been trying to read the whole
thing in these 6 weeks, and as I have read it diligently, desiring to
learn and improve, my heart has been filled with love for my Savior
Jesus Christ, even more than before.  The stories in the Book of
Mormon, similiar to the Bible, are stories of people in the Americas
around the same time the people in the Bible lived. The prophets in
the Book of Mormon are like the coolest you’d ever meet. I love their
faith.
The mish is good. Oh so good. I love you all SO much, and think of you often!
 I pray for you more than once a day. More than twice. Even more than 3 times.
God truly does love his children. I know it with all my heart.
Hasta luego!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment