Monday, November 21, 2016

Alright I'm purchasin' a piece o' land aqui




Alright folks, comin atcha from Quilla. Today is transfers. 
Lots of people have told me, "hermana clark, compre se una chacra ya!" or "hey, just buy a farm here in Quillabamba already" because I've been here for so stinkin long, and I'd be better off starting something like a business.
Haha funny, but anyways, I am staying in Quillabamba, wooooo. Honestly, a change would be nice, I really would love to see more of Peru, but I cannot complain because Quillabamba es HERMOSA. 



I'm serious, walking the streets of quillabamba with ice cream in your hand and a sweet compañera is BLISS.




We spent a lot of time walking on the side of highway. We have a new investigator that lives outside of Quillabamba in Echarati, and so we have to travel in a mini van to get there. (they're called combis and THAT is the main mode of travel. That, or mototaxis) But, when we have to return to Quillabamba, we have to flag down a car, basically hitch hike. It's totally normal, but then I always think about be doing that in the states, and it makes me laugh.


So many funky things that are just so normal to me. Like for example, a role of toilet paper on the table in place of napkins. Totally normal. Or a billion dogs in the street, and dog poop on the sidewalk siempre. Totally normal. Or a bowl full of mangoes in every house, (because there are honestly too many mangoes here to eat) and pulling an orange off a tree. Totally normal. 

The lesson with Beniato, our new investigator out in Echarati was so cool. He's a carpenter, and so to teach him, we literally just sat down on his stacks of 4x4's, and taught him the restoration.Thought I was gonna have transfers, so we took a bunch of pics just in case. (But hey! I'm still here!)





Love this little one,Ave. and Veronica and Jose . I've taught them my whole mish, Veronica isn't a member, and Jose is less active. I don't know why, but they just have something special with me. Like, I am so drawn to them, even though we haven't seen much progress with them, and my comps have never been so excited about them like I am. But, I sure do love them.


I really do love the youth here. I think I've said it before, but they have my heart. This week, I taught their sunday school class about "How can I learn to make my own decisions?" and we talked about lots of important decisions in life, like what university to attend, what career to pursue, the person we are going to marry, and deciding to serve a mission.We talked about our daily decisions too, about the pressure to sometimes do things that would save you embarrassment, or because everyone else, but that we really shouldn't. There are a few youth that are very set on serving missions, and when they talk about serving missions someday, it usually makes me cry. I just want every single person to experience the joy that I have felt as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. It is so dang cool. 


Also, how pretty is Echarati? It is seriously a dream that i live here, amIright or amIright?






T and J are so good. T is the 2nd counselor in the YM, so that is really cool. This week, we did family history with them, and J lost her dad when she was young, so we prepared the name so that they can go to the temple in January, and bring that name. It was SO COOL. 
Please do family history. It isn't impossible, and there are a lot of people that are good at it that can help you! 
Okay, I love you all un MONTON! Chao, cuiden se mucho y que tenga una linda semana!
Oh está, todo bien, 
hermana Clark






PS Will someone please tell me about this whole Donald Trump thing? Everyone down here is MAD that he is President, and I really have 0 idea what is happening in the states. But I pray for the sweet red, white and blue every night.


No comments:

Post a Comment