Monday, December 26, 2016

FELIZ NAVIDAD

Wow, I cannot believe that it is finally here, my fave day, CHRISTMAS. I'm serious, can't even explain how fast the time leading up until christmas has flown.
Okay, I promise that I'm not being lazy (well, maybe I am), but I don't want to write much this week, because WE GET TO SKYPE THIS SUNDAY. Okay, this is basically the most exciting thing for me, other than when people ask me, "When can I be baptized, Hermana Clark?", which ALSO happened this week. We have a new little investigator, her name is E, and she said to us this week, "I just really wanna get baptized!". Wahoo, that's wonderful, but she's also 13 and her mom gave us her permission to teach her, but the mom also isn't all that interested, which is kind of a bummer. We taught her about the first vision and the restoration of the church this week. 
We also found D, and F this week. D asked us after our first lesson if he could take a picture with us, which was cute. He's a really great kid, with some serious potencial to get baptized, like no seriously, I think he will. 
We left them with the Book of Mormon, and they are strating with 1 Nefi 1 this week. Something that was really funny, was that as I was talking to them during the lesson, I was explaining to them about how we need to go to the source of truth to find the truth, and Fwas just soaking. it. up. It was like a lighbulb went off in her head, because she is SOOOOO catholic, (but that's okay, bc everyone here is), but she was just all smiles. As I said, "that is why we go to the SOURCE of truth...who is God", she immediately started applauding! (with a big smile on her face) I was a lil startled and she said, "I'm sorry, it's just when you said that, I just got this really good feeling, and it made me excited". haha. 
That is the spirit. I know it, I know it. People feel the spirit, and sometimes it makes people clap their hands for joy. So cute, I loved that.  
We went to a baptism this week of one of the converts of the elders, and afterwards, the convert always shares their testimony, and she got up and said, "Hello everyone. I feel very, VERY happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." What a sweet sweet testimony, because you know what? The gospel of Jesus Christ really does make us happy. 
I love you all! Can't wait to talk to you in a week, what what. 
oh está, todo bien, 
Hermana Clark
 

 
 



Hermana Asang and me with the mototaxi driver
 

 
Hermanas and Elders
 

No comments:

Post a Comment