Tuesday, June 21, 2016

PARASITAS

This week was rockin in Peru. :) It has been so good here, and things are always looking up. 
I HAVE been pretty sick for a good while, but this week we found out the problem! We went and did a lab test, and if you think peeing in a cup is uncomfortable, you should try pooping in a cup, wowazowa that has to be my new LEAST favorite thing in the world. Sorry to be visual, but the point is, we found out that I have PARASITAS, or parasites in my stomach, and an intestinal infection. This isn't to make you all worry, because really ALL is well! I feel so silly for talking about how I want to get sick on the mish (BEFORE the mission), and here I was this week, throwing up more than I ever have in my life, and wow, it was miserable. I think the moment when I had no pride left was one night when I threw up in the streets, and these two ladies that were sitting outside on the curb saw it, and immediately went inside. Oh la verguenza, pero está bien. ;) haha
All is well now, I had an injection, and am taking another antibiotic. Really came to appreciate medicine and the hospitals in the United States, because the hospital here was quite sketchy. SO many funny experiences I can't wait to tell you after the mish. 
Also, this week, I invited two of our investigators to be baptized, one said yes, and one was unsure. That happens, I've found, and even though I want everyone to jump for joy, and say "YES! Give me all the happiness possible!" lots of people don't. But, that's okay, we all have the gift of choosing what we want in this life. Some people choose paths that make them so sad, or where they are constantly questioning "what is my purpose, and what am I doing with my life?" I just want to remind all of my family, the people that I LOVE most, that the gospel gives us purpose, that the gospel makes us happier than things; happier than sports, happier than work, happier than money. Right? Alma 5:16 says, if you have felt to sing the song of Christ's redeeming love, I would ask: can ye feel so now? If I'm not feeling good about me, or about my life, or about others, what do I need to change in my life to feel the JOY of the gospel again? This is my question. I am so grateful for my family, most importantly, my family of my mom and dad, and siblings, but I also have so much love in my heart for every member of my family, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, and my cousins. I hope that you all feel that love. I think of you as I serve EVERY DAY. 
The gospel is true. I invited T and J to a baptism this week, and THEY SAID YES! Oh man, I love those two so much. I feel like they have filled a piece of my heart that has always been waiting for them. They are my family here and the date we set for them in the 6th of August
Love you all lots, you are always in my prayers and I hope you know that. 
Quillabamba sends its love!

No comments:

Post a Comment