Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I'm a literal "loca" -crazy

I have just become the most spontaneous person here in Peru. I think I was pretty spontaneous before the mish too, but this week, one night I just thought, I'm gonna cut my hair, because my ends are super bad, and I had heard about Hermanas doing that before, so I got out my kid scissors that I paid 2 soles for, which is less than a dollar, and just started snipping. Well, after the first strand, I knew I made a mistake, because I cut off like 4 inches with the first strand. So then I just thought, well that's okay, I'll just do a lil layering action, different lengths all around! And that was an even bigger mistake. My companion sat in the bathroom and just watched me cut it, didn’t say a word the whole time, and at the end, you should've have seen the look on her face. My hair was a disaster, and I wanted to cry. We both decided that I should go and get my hair cut by someone who KNOWS HOW to cut hair on Pday, and I went to church on Sunday with my disaster hair, and then today I went to this place called Sofia Spa, haha. I told the lady just cut it all the same, like right here, and I showed her how short to cut it. After she cut the first strand, she was like, “like, right here? This short?” and it was SO short. I literally shrugged it off so fast, and said, “yeah, that’s perfect!”. And now, here is my hair. 
And it’s so different, I know. And my aunt Nataley is gonna kill me, but hey. If this would’ve happened 4 months ago, I probably would cried and cried, or lost my patience, but hey, I have done of the following thus far. I really like my hair, my pension told me I look, “mas niƱa”, hehe. And hey, it’s fun. Never in my life again am I going to cut my hair, now I know!  The mish is so awesome like that.
I also finished the Book of Mormon this week for the first time in the mission, and that was such a good feeling. The minute I finished, I started over again. I love that book so so much, and I know with all my heart that it is true. It was written a long long time ago FOR us specifically. I learn about Nephi, and how he is such a stud of a brother in his family, or about the 2000 of Helaman’s stripling warriors, who went to battle to defend their families and their freedoms and their religion, or about Abinadi, who was burned at the stake for what he believed, and I really honestly learn so much about MY life. How can I be a better member of MY family like Nephi? How can I trust in my Heavenly Father more, and leave everything behind to defend what it is right, like the 2000? How can I be more like Abinadi, one of the most chevere missionaries in the history of ever? The BOM is the BOM(b), that’s why it’s called the BOM.
When we were driving home from Cusco this week, I saw these panay women, like basically the stereotypical woman that all of you in the US would think of when you think of Peru; the really colorful fabric, and like 3 skirts, the hat, and the huge load on their back. ( just google image “Traditional Peruvian Woman”, I’m sure it’s there, haha). Anyways, I saw them in the middle of the mountains, in the middle of nowhere, with their packs of cabras (goats) or alpacas, and I was just thinking, what if I were a panay and this was all that I knew? My goats, my tiny rickity house in the LITERAL middle of nowhere, hours away from ANY other civilization? There are just so many people in the world that we aren’t even aware of, and it blows.my.mind. I am so darned grateful to be in Peri. As we were in Cusco, there were LOADS of tourists, I mean, TONS, and there’s always tons, and I just kind of smiled to myself as I saw them all hustlin’ and bustlin’, because I LIVE here, and I’ve lived here for 4 months. What in the world, it’s crazy.
I LOVE MY MISSION. I love the gospel. And it is true, as true as anything could ever be.
Thank you for all the love and the prayers. I need and feel them always, even thousands of miles away.
LOVE YOU ALL.


Wendy is the FUNNIEST I have ever met in my life. I always laugh until my cheeks AND my stomach hurt with her. She's such a tomboy, and I love her SO much! 

Makeover by J!

                                                                                         Hemana Wattles and me in 
                                                  Cusco. She finished her mission                              this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment