Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Dios es un Dios de milagros



Okay, this week was wild. I am still working in a trio, but I should have a companion tomorrow or the next day. It'll be a mini missionary, or a member that lives in our mission, and I believe the girl that is going to help me out is a returned missionary, so that will be so darned cool. 
This week, on Tuesday, one of my investigators called me, and told me that he never wanted to see us again. I was so taken by surprise, and I was like, "Wait. wait, can we come over and talk this out?" Him and his wife were having a lot of problems, and she's a member. Anyways, it was just an ugly situation, and I cried so many tears. 
Well, as time went by, I decided that we should stop by and visit them. I was like, "No way are we ending like this, no way, not in my book." We went, and had a long chat with him and his wife, and we talked about the family. The spirit was strong, because the family is of God, and THAT'S why everything in the church supports the family, because it is absolutely important. I told them that a strong family takes EVERYONE'S effort, and it doesn't take pointing fingers.
I am so grateful for my family, and my Heavenly Father sure has taken care of them as I have been gone. As we started to finish, I asked our investigator, "Do you believe that we are teaching you the truth? Do you believe that this really is Christ's church?" And he started to cry, which I was in NO way expecting, and he told me, "I am so sorry Hermana Clark. I am sorry for everything that has happened this week" and then he said, "I was wondering, can I still get baptized?" and think I choked on my own spit in that moment, like, "wait. what? UM YES OF COURSE." He went through heck and back this week and I won't go into the details, but it's cool to see, because he has a REAL testimony of the gospel. So, he had his baptismal interview  this week, and he is getting baptized this Saturday. So cool to see. 
Also, we are doing a youth choir here, and it is just so so cute. I love sharing music with the people here. I love how even when they're a lil bit off key, they sing that wrong note loud and proud. The best honestly. I've also had the privilege of teaching the youth sunday school class two sundays in a row, and that is literally so fun. The youth of the church are rockin', and they are SO good. 
One day this week, we went to visit P, she isn't a member, but she has like 70 years, and she's about to die from cancer. I thought we could just go share a message with her about Christ, and more than anything just keep her company, and sing her hymns, to give service. While we were singing hymns in her room with her, the spirit was so strong, and I know that she is pretty close to seeing Heavenly Father again. At one point, my companions received a call on the phone, so they left the room, and I was just there  singing, "Silent Night" (never can go wrong with navidad), and as  I sang to her about the Savior's birth, I felt it confirmed to me that he really did come to live and to die, so that we could live with our Heavenly Father again. With a woman so close to the veil, so close to passing on the other side, I felt the spirit, and actually shed quite a few tears. 
Heavenly Father loves his children. Gosh, I feel it STRONG every day. 

Love you all past the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment