Monday, September 5, 2016

sin compi

Okeedoke, hello sweet family. 
(L went out with me as my companion) 

I am writing you in the house of a member that I am staying with, as I wait for my new comp to come. Last night, President called me, and after all of the struggles we had this week, he told me that my comp would be traveling tomorrow morning (that's THIS morning) to Cusco, where she would then return home. Right now, an Hermana from the ward is accompanying me as my companion, until I have a new one. 
This week, my companion was sicker than sick. I have never seen anyone so fragile. Honestly, it reallt scared me a lot of the time. But, never in my life have I had to take care of someone like that, my mom always took care of ME. So, I really learned a lot, and she told me, "Hermana Clark, you remind me a lot of my mom". Yes, that is what moms do. They give their children everything, and I gave Hermana Caballero my every last effort this week, and gosh, I love that girl with all my heart. Serving people makes you love them, I've learned that for sure. This morning I said goodbye to her, honestly don't know if I'll ever see her again, but wow, she changed my life. 
So, this week, if I wanted to go out and work, I had to find a sister in the ward that could go out and work with me, and also a sister to stay at home with my comp. (Because NUNCA we can be without a companion) That was not an easy task. I made more phone calls this week than I have in my life. haha. Okay maybe not, but it was a lot. 
(Hermana K was able to go out with me for a few days this week)

I got to teach about 5 lessons this week, which is basically nothing. Really spent a lot of time in the house, and if I wanted to go out, I had to find a compañera. Hermana K, a returned missionary (I sent a pic of her) was really good to help me work two days this week. Had a Family night with B, our investigator who really just wants to be a missionary. We talked about repentance and baptism, and I tried to do an object lesson about baptism with pepper, water, and dish soap. I had seen it before, but had never tried it in Peru. Well, I'll just say that it was basically a classic "Egbert" analogy by my Dad. haha it ended up being so funny because it didn't work, but gosh, we had a good laugh. (If you haven't seen my Dad do the egbert analogy, ask him to do it, hahaha, it is my favorite thing)
Went to a baptism of little R, he's 9, and was just so excited to be baptized. 
(A's Baptism)

B is getting baptized on the 8th of October, and still just pumped as ever to serve a mission. It is really cool to see. 
Hermano G is getting baptized on the 24 of September. He is learning so fast. 
More than anything, I would just like to say to those that are preparing to serve a mission. Please please do not go on a mission for your parents. Or for you boyfriend/girlfriend. Or for the praise of others that, "wow, you are sacrificing a lot". DO IT FOR THE LORD. 
If there are things that you need to get squared away, or that you need to clean up, do it before the mission. If that means you need to ask your parents for help, or your leaders in the church, or if that means MAYBE you need to wait a little longer to prepare, then please do that. Once you get out on the mission, your life isn't about you anymore. It's about helping others, so if you need to get better health wise, or moral-wise, do it before the mish. 
I love this opportunity, and feel so grateful to be in Peru. I'll have been here for 6 months this week, and that is so crazy. But, life is good. 
My love for you all is bigger than big. Hasta la proxima semana!


No comments:

Post a Comment