Monday, August 29, 2016

I Am Blessed

Hello sweetest family!
This week was so weird. They still go by so fast. The mish is crazy. 
My comp arrived, her name is Hermana C and she is from Paraguay. 
This week, I was in Cusco from Tuesday-ThursdayOn Tuesday morning, I had to say goodbye to my sweet Hermana Celán. She will ALWAYS be so special to my heart, and I miss her more than words can say. But, now she's a fancy lil leader, and wow, with reason, because more of the world needs that girl's light. We were truly a dynamic duo, I will not lie. AHH, my heart just misses her. 
Got to Quillabamba on Thursday evening, taught two lessons. They went okay, but I really missed my compi. Right when you know how to teach together, boom. Transfers. 
The next day, my comp got really sick. Threw up her breakfast and her lunch. I understand that. haha. It's really just because the bacteria is different here, it's not that it's bad. I mean, if a Peruvian traveled to some other country and ate the food there, they'd probably get sick too. Anyways, went to the doctor, and she has a intestinal infection, and anemia. Spent all day Friday in the house. That was a long one, but good for her health, I s´pose. 
Saturday was A's baptism! He is an investigator of the Elders that I just LOVE.He reminds me of my little brother, Cole.  He is 14, just so sweet, and has such a desire to do good. Early this week, Alex asked me if I would sing a musical number at his baptism. He asked me to sing, "Come thou Fount" in ENGLISH. I was like, "But, no one will understand!" And he was just like, "please, please!" So that was SUCH a privilege for me. 
Gosh, I love baptisms. Every time, I feel the spirit so strong. I KNOW that this is the true church, and that THIS is the right path, and that through Christ is the ONLY way we can live with our Heavenly Father again. And baptism is the first step. 
Every Saturday, we have Olympícs in the capilla, and this week was basketball. My comp has been sick, so I thought we'd just go watch, because 4 of our investigators were there. I showed up in my dress, just like a normal missionary, but then   one of the other hermanas was like, "Hermana Clark, sub in for me", so I did. And gosh, I felt so cool. First play, in my dress, an elder passed me the ball, and I was outside the 3  and I just thought, ¿Porqué no? and swoosh it went, and wow, lemme tell you, Heavenly Father blesses his missionaries, because when was the last time I played basketball? A LONG TIME. hahaha. That whole night I was so on. I'd like to take my brother on as a missionary, because haha, I was just so blown away. I didn't miss a shot. It was wild. All the members there watching were like, "Hermana Clark! Hermana Clark!"  and to their sons, "That missionary in a skirt is beating you, what are you doing?" I was on a team with the elders and our investigators and gosh, it was just a rockin night. 
That was honestly the biggest tender mercy for me, because this week has been pretty rough, I cannot lie. Please pray for my companion, Hermana Caballero. I feel very grateful to be her companion, and am learning far more than I can say. 
The mish is so good. This week, I got a package of letters from the YW in the stake at girls camp. That was SO wonderful to receive, made me cry for sure. Shout out to the YW of the Spokane East Stake, such sweet girls. 
I like a quote that Sister Call shared with me in that package.
 "On your mission, your sorrows will OUT NUMBER your joys, but your joys will OUT WEIGH your sorrows."
I am so grateful for my JOYS. They are so easy to find, and I have so many, even when life is hard. 
LOVE YOU ALL. Be good, and keep on shining so bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment