Thursday, July 13, 2017

June 13, 2017 quick email


Sorry, I had to leave internet earlier, because it wasn't working, and so we just got to come back. 
Internet cafes in Peru are something I will never miss. 

For the last 12 weeks of my mission, I have been studying the words of the 12 apostles, one by one each week. It has been awesome for me to learn more of their words
This week I studied Elder Neil L Anderson, and something that I loved that he said was that spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers. So, if we have a question of the soul, like "where did I come from?", "why am I here?" or "where am I going?", or if we question God's love for us, or why bad things happen to good people, we should look for an answer spiritually. And so our sources would be reading the scriptures, praying, having spiritual experiences through going to church, etc. 

I also loved what he said about Joseph Smith. So many doubt and try to prove his story wrong. So many think that it would be impossible for man to talk to God once again, so they immediately reject it. They look for facts and information to prove it wrong, but I love what Elder Anderson says to those with doubts: 
In future day, you will have 100 times more information than from all of today’s search engines combined, and it will come from our all-knowing Father in Heaven.Consider the totality of Joseph’s life—born in poverty and given little formal education, he translated the Book of Mormon in less tha90 days.Tens of thousands of honest, devoted men and women embraced the cause of the Restoration. At age 38, Joseph sealed his witness with his blood. testify that Joseph Smith was propheof God. Settle this in your mind, and move forward!
If this is you, settle those doubts and move forward. I KNOW Joseph was a prophet, and I get to talk about it every day!




I love you all family. I'm sorry this is short, but my time here also is short, and so again, if I don't get an email back to you, I'll talk to you real soon. :) The work here is so good, and we are trying to keep up with it. So please, I'm sorry for being a bad friend, i'll get back to you real soon. 
Love you all a million. 

Had to leave internet, and come back, because the internet wasn't working. aiyiyi. 
forgot to send these last week. I love this cute girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment