Thursday, July 13, 2017

okay, a letter POR FIN.


I told myself I was not going to not write a letter again, so here I am trying to complete my commitment (how do you say that in english?)
Okay, I don't know how I haven't told you guys yet, because I have been SO excited about it, but we are going to have a wedding next monday! Surprise! I have no idea how I forgot to tell, that is bad. 
Their names are H and A, and they are a young couple, 24 and 25 years old that have been living together for 5 years, and they are awesome! Investigators of gold, I'm serious. Also, A is SUUPER pregnant, like she is due for the first week of August! But, we found them a few weeks ago (they are the bishop's neighbors), and we talked a lot about the family, and how they can be eternal, and the temple, and how it is there that we are sealed for eternity with our families. They just soaked.it.up. and at the end of the lesson, I felt prompted to challenge them to pray to ask God if they should be married before the birth of their baby (which is kinda crazy, I KNOW) I thought they would freak out, or act like it was impossible, but when I asked them if they would do it, they both calmly said, "Si, claro que si, oraremos" and so they prayed together that night. 
The next visit we went to their house and asked about their answer, and they said they felt really good about being married before the birth of their baby, so that he would be born to a father and mother, united as a couple in marriage. They said that they knew that would be the best thing. WHAT?! It was awesome! They just get it, and have been willing to make lots of sacrifices (like getting married so fast) to do what God would have them do. It has been awesome. 

So the wedding is THIS monday, can you believe that? I am going to do her hair, and I am SOSO excited. I LOVE WEDDINGS. 

Then, they will get baptized on the 22/07. I am so excited. I know that Heavenly Father is so happy for their decision too. 

This week I studied Elder Holland (BEST WEEK EVER) and I LOVE the talk, "are we not all beggars?"
I loved this part. 

A journalist once questioned Mother Teresa of Calcutta about her hopeless task of rescuing the destitute in that city. He said that, statistically speaking, she was accomplishing absolutely nothing. This remarkable little woman shot back that her work was about love, not statistics. Notwithstanding the staggering number beyond her reach, she said she could keep the commandment to love God and her neighbor by serving those within her reach with whatever resources she had. “What we do is nothing but a drop in the ocean,” she would say on another occasion. “But if we didn’t do it, the ocean would beone drop less [than it is].” Soberly, the journalist concluded that Christianity is obviously not a statistical endeavor. He reasoned that if there would be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over the ninety and nine who need no repentance, then apparently God is not overly preoccupied with percentages.

Do ALL that you can, and the Lord will do the rest. That's one thing I am really trying to understand and apply more in my life: trusting in Him. 

I love you all, and pray for you every night. 
Love, Hermana Clark 




We had a conferencia with all the hermanas from the mission. 
Got to see sweet hermana barrientos. 
And Hermana Cruz, hermana bingham from my group is training her in La Granja 2 in quillabamba where I was trained! You all will get to meet her in Quilla, she is so cute!



When in Cusco...  Pizzas and icecream, yipee! I ❤Hermana Allen.



Also, saw my hijita, Hermana Asang-sita. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment