Monday, August 29, 2016

NORI GOT BAPTIZED!



Okee doke, best week in the mish by far. I can't even explain my feelings. I LOVE being a missionary. 
N's baptism was the best day ever. I was stressing hard core for a little bit, because I organized everything for this baptism. Then I thought, wow I wonder how my mom must feel, because she is always doing everything for other people, she does a ton for me. So I just thought, I'm preparing to be a mom, haha. 
I'll be honest, it was a lil bit messy, because the baptism was supposed to start at 10, and N didn't get there till after 10:30 (peruvian time, you know how it is...haha)
And then the Hermana giving the baptism talk had to leave early, and we didn't have a knife for the cake, and just a lot of lil stressful things. haha. 



But, as N went down into the water, with just the biggest smile on her face, all of my little stresses just left, and I felt so much peace. As she was baptized and came back out of the water, my heart was just filled with love, and I think I felt the love that Heavenly Father must feel for Nori. It was SO SO strong, and I know that this is the right path, for ALL people. No matter your age or color or background, the gospel can change YOUR life for the better. I know it. 






I honestly just think I am going to have diarrhea for the rest or my mission. Normal. When I poop normal, that'll be the day, and WILL happen someday. 
So for my mom and my health, I was on a prescription the first time, and then that ended. Got really sick again after that, and went to the lab again. Parasites round 2. Same thing again. It wasn't like a different thing, it was the exact same. Okay, but it's so weird because usually I feel normal. Now I am totally fine. I was on a prescription again, that I took for two weeks every eight hours. I think that wiped it out, but I've honestly just accepted the fact that diarrhea will be the way for a good long while. And that's okay. I am willing to pay that price, because I LOVE MY mission. 
Started teaching B, he is a modern day Joseph Smith, really looking for the truth. He told us her attended the adventist church for a while, said the preacher was really nice, invited Brian into his home for dinner, and Brian said he felt good. But he told us, it was just confusing, because he didn't feel in agreeance with a few of the things they were teaching. He told us that in the church (our church) he felt good, but was still just so confused about the adventist church too, and old us that he was actually baptized catholic as a child. Anyways, I told him, "B, I can tell you as many times as I want that this gospel and this church are true, but you know what? You have to learn that for yourself." All matters of our faith are between us and the Lord. I challenged him to pray to know the truth, and he said he definitely would, and I promised him that he would receive an answer. Heavenly Father wants his children to know the truth. 
And you know what? I didn't leave my home and everything I love at home, take a year off of school and work, to come to Peru, and lie to people. I didn't come here to lie to the people, No, what an absolute waste of time that would be. (Even though Peru es tan bonita) I came here, because I know that what I teach everyday IS TRUE. That God loves us so much that he provided us with the gospel, a foundation for our families, and for our faith. That he provided us a way for him to return back to Him some day, because you know what? I'm sure he misses us. 
Anyways, I asked B, "B, if you pray and you find that this really IS the true church, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ, and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood power of God?" And he said YES. WE set a date for the 27th of August. And I can't wait to hear his answer. The recent convert that came with us to this lesson was just so confident, and she said, "I'll be there at your baptism Brian!" Like, she already knew the answer that he will receive. Because the gospel is TRUE. 
Anyways, best week ever. Love you all forever. Keep on keepin on, and don't be afraid to share what gives YOU the greatest joy in your life with others. LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment