Monday, January 23, 2017

Big City Life

Hello hello world! 


How is everyone? I heard that Donald Trump is Mr. President now, wow that's fun.
' Imma city girl now (tryin' to be)
We thought this window was pretty, so we took a few pics that would be insta-worthy. ;) 



At the top of the Inca


Went and said hello to our pal the Inca. 



Cusco has been really good, I am really starting to love it. There are people in this town from all over the world, and it's actually kind of magical. So many touristy things to do. 

 Went on divisiones with Hna Rosas here in Cusco. (That's one thing we get to do a lot of as hermana leaders)

 Worked with Hna Firth, one of my comps from the trio in Quilla. LOVE HER.  


My sector is outside all of the pretty city part and where all of the tourists are, and even though it is a little ugly to the natural eye (or a lot ugly), there is always little beauty to be found in Vista Alegre. (Cheerful view, I just think that's so cute)
Also, we traveled to Abancay to work on divisiones with the sisters there. Abancay is beautiful, not near as beautiful as Quilla, but getting there. I would LOVE LOVE to to serve there someday, it reminded me a little bit of quillabamba, same little town feel. 

diy mud boots, just call me Martha Stewart. 


We worked in divisiones with the sisters in a sector called chasqui and then another sector called San Jeronimo, and then when traveled to Abancay, and it was beautiful! 
Nothing much happened this week, just lots of traveling.
 

Traveled to Abancay in a fancy bus. (Nothing like the 5 hour ride to Quillabamba from cusco in a combi. Ugh, not fun)


I love Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Have you seen that in your life? So many times I have felt like life is just rough on the mission, but I have come to learn that when those times come, and when I am keeping up the faith, that there are miracles just waiting around the corner!

Also, do you know how cool repentance is? That has to be one of the most beautiful gifts God has given us. Something that my mom told me all the time before the mission is that "men change every day", and my testimony of that has only grown stronger here on my mission. 
Repentance is not just being clean of our sins, but going back and making changes in our lives for the better. I can't just expect the atonement to change me without a lil' effort on my end.
C.S. Lewis says, "Repentance involves being put back on the right road. A wrong sum can be put right, but only by going back til you find the error and working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on. Sin does not develop into good". 

But, isn't it good news that God always gives us a re-test? We always get to go back and check our errors, and we can turn in our test again and get a 100% if we only give our part and our faith. Love that! 

And repentance isn't just for big sins or mistakes, or even our little sins or mistakes, but all of us have weaknesses, and we can repent of those too, and He promises, (I read this THIS week in my Book of Mormon reading) that "he will make weak things become strong unto (us)". That's a promise, folks. 
Me at my fave ice cream place. (Dad, we are going someday, it is the best.)



Love you all so much! Praying for you always!
Oh está, todo bien, 
Hermana Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment