Monday, January 9, 2017

feliz ano HUEVO

Oh my goodness, crazy week. 
Gonna tackle this letter point by point. 
1. I left Quillabamba and it broke my heart. I cried and cried, it was so hard, leaving my family in the airport all over again. We have to go back to Quilla! 
Inline image 2

My convert Brian and his family. The best seriously. They did this little presentation the day I went to say goodbye, how I was a part of their heart, and how their hearts are breaking that I'm leaving. It was so so sweet and heartfelt

Con laura y kenneth, I love them. Laura is the sweetest. 

Cake face in Quilla


2. On Tuesday, we arrived to Cusco, and I got thrown into my new sector, with my new compi, and new calling. It is busy busy in this here city, and we do a lot. We share a district with the assistants, and two elders that work in the office. I am learning a lot about this mission, and the people in it. Who knew that mission gossip exists? I had no idea, in my little paradise for 6 transfers 5 hours away.



Hermana Alburqueque, Hermana Asang, and Hermana Pillco (Hermana Asang's new comp) woke me up at 12 am in the morning on my birthday to sing to me. 
They already went back to quilla, I miss hna asang.





Here is a pic of my new comp-

me and my new comp in cusco, Hermana Alburqueque 




Me with my descendencia, my "daughter" and now my "grandaughter" because hna asang is training. 
In Cusco, 

3. We went to the hotel, where I arrived to the mission! All the new missionaries stay there for the night, and we stay with them, just like my hermana leaders stayed with me my first day. Brought back some memories, it is so cool to be serving in this sector. 

4. My sector is called "Vista Alegre", google translate that, how cute!

5. Sent off all the missionaries to their new sectors for transfers, that's one of our jobs here. It made me cry like a baby to send Hermana Firth to Abancay, even though I'll see her this week for Concilio. We had 3 transfers in Quilla together. 

6. I'm working in a ward for the first time here, and not a branch, and that has been crazy different. I feel a little inutil a veces because in Quilla, I did a lot of cool stuff, but the members are a lot more responsible here, and they fulfill their callings for the most part. This is almost what a ward would be like in the states, I think. I learned a lot in gospel principles this week. 

7. We had a baptism on Saturday (my birthday) and it was really sweet. I had only taught her once, which was weird, because all my other converts I have taught since the very beginning, since the contact of reference received. But it was a sweet baptism. 

Inline image 3

8. I turned into an old maid this week, I can't believe I'm 20, what the heck, but it was a wonderful birthday. My hair was soaked with egg and flour, and I got a faceful of cake, and I was so happy the whole time. The Peruvians are LOCOS on your birthday, and it's so funny. I will have to teach you some of the traditions when I get home. muahaha.
Inline image 4





Inline image 6
Crazy Peruvian Birthday traditions- as you can see Quillabamba cake face was nothing compared to this!
When I dropped Hna Firth off at the airport. 


9. We have the cutest investigator, her name is Rube, and she has 6 children. We taught about tithing and fasting and her little boy whose 5 accompanied us. His name is Edu (eh-doo) and is autistic. Oh my goodness, he stole my whole heart, not even kidding. As we taught, I thought of the song, "Because I have been given much" and I sang the first verse to hermana Rue and Edu. As I sang, he was so attentive, and watched me with a huge smile the whole time. It made my heart melt, and I cried as I spoke of the importance of giving unto others as He has given unto us. (And I know that that doesn't sound like much, because everyone knows that I'm a crier, but I don't cry that often on the mish. Well, at least until I had to leave Quillabamba, but that's a different kind of tears) The spirit was so strong, and I love that family so much already. 


10. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Set goals, that's one thing my fam always does for family night in January, and it's a real good idea. Also, I can't believe that it's 2017 already, so many things are happening this year, and I can't wait to see what's in store. 

I love you all so much, and feel so grateful for all my happenings in 2016. One of the best years of my life, I have to say. 

I love this town. I live here, is that crazy or what?



Thank you for supporting me always.
 
i love you, i love you, I LOVE YOU!  

Also, my recorder got a virus, and won't record or go on the computer anymore. So no more audios, boooo. :( But it'll be okay, because it'll be so cool when I get to talk to you in May. wahoo!

A weird tradition. Everyone here for año nuevo wears yellow underwear, and I don't know why. haha. Everyone is out in the streets selling yellow underwear. It's good luck, I guesss. Cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment