Monday, January 9, 2017

Dear Cole


Hey, my best pal, my little brother, 
I thought a lot of you this week. One time I thought of you was when we were walking outside in the streets, and a little grandma called out to us, "Hermanitas, come see my cows! Come see my cows!", so we went with her, and she was a lil loca, and we go inside her house, and there is no way that we are finding a cow here, because it was so small. She leads us through the door of another room of her house, and there are like 65 guinea pigs running around on the floor, tiny ones, long ones, chubby ones, and she says, "Aren't the cows beautiful?". Wait what. Those are cuy. 
I also thought of you when every day it is freezing cold. Remember that day when were standing by "the heater" in front of the church, and you taught me how to beatbox in the freezing cold? hahaha
 And how I'm actually better than you? (okay, no that's a lie) You are the funniest kid ever, and I love you Cole Clark. 
Guess what? This week we found a new family that is gold, and they have two little kids named Jaren and Zoe (like, Jaren Iltz? haha) And guess what? He loves cereal, JUST LIKE YOU. It was a really cool experience to find them, a real miracle. We found their mom, Joanna, at a bus stop, and the spirit told me, "Talk to her", so we talked to her, and she told us that her husband is a member of the church, but he hasn't gone to church for like 10 years. She told us, I want to change my life, I want my children to grow up in a good church. Come visit us, PLEASE Hermanas." and we visited her and her husband on thursday, and she told us, "Hermanas, I've already decided. I want to be baptized." Wait, what. I LOVE experiences like those. She asked us, "What can I do to be baptized", what in the world. 
AH, FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS KINGCOLE_BRAH!
Okay, since you are turning 14, here are 14 reasons why I love COLE CLARK. 
1. He's my best bud. 
2. He always rode around with me in my car, and DJ-ed. 
3. He's kingcole_brah. 
4. And he's still rockin clarkhouse_jamsesh. (At least I sure hope so)
5. He is real life Troy Bolton, but WAY cooler. (His head is always in the game, no matter what)
6. He balls so hard, and is such a stud athlete. 
7. He never causes problems, and never got in trouble as a kid. (except for when he didn't want to eat his dinner, and only candy and cereal forever)
8. He cried because, "no one even cared that he lost his first tooth". 
9. He asked Mom to style his hair like a meerkat when he was little. 
10. He's always down for a trampoline sleepover. 
11. He is everyone's friend. 
12. All the girls leave heart face emoji comments on his insta. ALWAYS. 
13. He isn't afraid to share his talents. 
14. He taught me how to beatbox in the freezing cold in front of the church, haha. Already said that, but it always makes me laugh. 

Oh shoot, on a roll, I'm just gonna keep on going. 

15. He always writes me the sweetest letters, in college and then in the mission, and they just mean the world to me and I will treasure them forever. 
16. He has the BEST taste in music. 
17. He sings better than an angel. 
18. He sang to me in my skype call, and made me cry like a baby. 
19. We shared a room for a month during my senior year of high school, and always had deep talks. One thing I remember in particular is when he gave me lots of analogies of "what our heart is like" hahaha. 
20. He wore a cool red/pink hat for whole winter straight. 
21. He taught himself how to play piano. That is some serious talent. 
22. We dug a hole to China at the beach in Cali almost exactly a year ago. 
23. He beats me in everything: pool, pinball, fooseball, PING PONG, basketball, he even beat once in wrestling. What the heck. 
24. He always has a nice word to say, and makes everyone feel special. 
25. He is so sensitive to the spirit, and has a light in his eyes. He wants to do what is right, and is so special. 
26. He's my best bud. 

I love you so much Coley. I remember when we went to visit you in the hospital for the first time, and Dad handed you to me, and you were so tiny and precious. I thought, "How can he be MY little brother", and I didn't know you that well, but I loved you from the very start. I took a picture of you to show and tell that week in kindergarten, and was so proud of my baby brother, and nothing has changed since then. You are a light so bright in my life,Cole, and I am always missin' you, but we will see each other so soon. 
I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, 
Love, Hermana Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment