Tuesday, February 28, 2017

CARNAVALES

This week is carnavales, or in other words, everyone (kids, teens, even adults) plays with water balloons, buckets of water, silly string, etc, and you just try to get each other wet. EVERYONE plays in the streets. It is acknowledged nationally "carnival's" they call it.
 Like, we were waiting at a bus stop, and a man yelled, "Caravales!" from his car and tossed a water balloon that would've hit me, but, I took a step back in the perfect moment. YES.
Well, later on, we trekked up the hill to visit an investigator, and the only way down is to trek down the hill. We started going down, and see a bunch of jovenes like 15-18 years old playing carnavales, getting wet, and we're like- oh man, we have to walk down that street, there wasn't another outlet, and my comp is like, "let's wait for a taxi!" We wait for like 15 minutes, and nothing! So I said, "let's just go, we have a appointment, and we'll go fast and they won't see us" We go, and they start to say things amongst themselves, and then I hear, "10 puntos para la gringa" (HAHA) and I look back, and there are water balloons flying in my direction. I tried to catch one, and then it breaks and I get soaked. My life was like a movie in this moment, because then literally like 10 little kids come running, with buckets of water, and I think, "wow, ya fui, I'm done for".  I was like the nerd that everyone pícks on, and also bigger than them all. How does that work? 

After they got me soaked (but only up to mid back, because soy alta), I was like, "shoot, my scriptures are going to get wet" and as these kids were getting me wet, I started running, it was like all in slow motion. haha it was so funny, and was soaked from the head down (points for being tall) 10 points for the gringa, folks. gee, who knew?
R tired out of playing carnavales (he is SO funny, and got me so wet, my dress was soaked, that lil rascal)


I worked with Hermana A for a good portion of this week (3 days) in her sector called San Jeronimo.
That was a really good experience, I learned a lot from her, and yet another blessing of the calling that I get to serve here in Cusco. 

Y and E, E is 9 and is getting baptized on the 18th of March
 Oh, I am so excited, she is just the cutest thing, and is so attentive in every lesson.


Also, sweetest Elle turns 16 this week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!
Do you know how great of a blessing it is to have a little sister? I count my blessings in my prayers every night, and I always count having a sweet sister that always listens to me, that always laughs with me, and that makes me smile always. I think of the day when I got my mission call, and Elles was just so sweet and came and hugged me, and I cried a lot. 
Have the very best birthday Elles, and know that we will celebrate your sweet 16 a little late when I get there. I LOVE YOU! 
Writing says "Today the stars write your name in the sky" and I thought of my cute little Elle that's turning 16 this week! Holy moly, that is crazy! The stars will definitely write her name in the sky on Wednesday❤


Also, these flowers are like the little flowers at Grammy's that she has (or maybe had) in her pots. The same ones! The smell made me think of Grammy's house like no other, and made me a little teary missing my Grams. So I took a pic with the cute little flowers. 



I love reading the Book of Mormon, and it has become a great strength to me. The words of the scriptures are true and they bring me comfort. We always say that it contains the "fullness of the gospel", but it really does. It completes the Bible, and adds another witness of Christ. 


Mi capilla aqui en Cusco, and look how blue that beautiful sky is! wowazowa love that.

Me and my compi at church ❤

Amo mis misión y todo lo que he aprendido aqui en este pais tan bonito. Amo las historias del Libro de Mormón y todo lo que podido obtener de las escrituras. Mi testimonio está fortalecido cada dia y sé que vive mi Señor. Él es el buen Pastor, nuestro Redentor y nuestro amigo. Me di cuenta de la cantidad de su amor en mi misón y que ese amor es verdadero, y duradero. 
Les amo con todo mis corazón! 
Oh está todo bien, (All is well)
Hermana Clark
Me and my package! 

No comments:

Post a Comment