Monday, February 6, 2017

I've been here for a whole transfer, and it has been wonderful!



 Okay first of all, the world wide missionary broadcast hasn’t really changed much for us, except that we have a lot less key indicators. (For goals every week) Presidente has asked us to wait on any schedule changes, and he is going to let us know what our mission is going to do, so that hasn’t affected us at all. 
This week was a good one. Hermana Celan came to Cusco because she is finishing her mission, and gets on the plane tomorrow to Argentina. (CRAZY stuff) I’ll send you a pic next week, I forgot my adapter to my camera. It was really good to see her right before she left, and also some of my other good buds in the mish end today and tomorrow
Also, we had a testimony meeting in English this week in our zone, because the last class, the Johnsons (a missionary couple) taught us how to bear our testimonies in English, so fun!  All the Latinos prepared their testimonies in English, and oh my goodness, the spirit was strong. It was so cool, and they shared simple truths, like, “I know Joseph Smith was a prophet” and “I know the Book of Mormon is true” and “I know that my Heavenly Father loves me”, but those simple truths of the gospel are what every testimony should be, what we believe to be true. 
And it’s so important to share that light you have been given! Elder Oaks said, 
“What could be more joyful than to share the truths of eternity with Heavenly Father’s children?”
And ain't that the truth. I LOVE THE JOY THE GOSPEL BRINGS. 

Okay, today we were in the bus, and this family was next to me, they are from Tibet (China, I think?) and they could speak a little English,but not Spanish. The mom was from Holland. First of all,that kind of trips me up to talk to people in English in public. I feel like I talk so slow and simple-  but they asked me, “why is it so important to you that people change their beliefs and be Mormon?”. And I was like, “I’m not here to change people’s beliefs. I’m here to help them know their Savior more. I’m here to help them INCREASE their faith and let them know of the wonderful plan of happiness that God has for them. That’s why I’m here”. And the mom was like, “That is good, that is really really good.” It was an interesting experience, but can’t wait to share the gospel in English at home too. (even though the wording is SO funky)
Okay, I love you all, and pray for you always. Cuidense!

Went to Sacsayhuaman, but then I was a silly goose just like always, and forgot my paper that gets me in free. Sooo, all I know if that Saasayhuaman is beautiful from the outside, but next week we're gonna go check it out on the inside. Oh Hermana Clark..













I am always SO thrilled to have watermelon in the mish. It makes me think of Grammy's house and summertime, and 4th of july, but all separate. haha idk why. And those are 3 of my favorite things!



     






No comments:

Post a Comment