Monday, October 17, 2016

Mom, a little help with mission prep

Ah, mom thank you! You are so wonderful. Okay, because of lack of time, my help with the mission prep class will be my letter this week. A lot of normal things happened this week, so we'll just go with this! 
Hmm, what do I want to say to the mission prep class? 
Wow, this is so cool and so spontaneous! 



Inline image 1
 
         

 

 



Let me just start by saying that a mission is the best thing that you could spend your years doing right now. Like, sometimes I have these moments where I am walking the streets, doing my regular routine, and then I think, "what they heck? This is NOT normal. I walk the streets of Peru speaking spanish every day" and "I live in PERU". What, it is so crazy, and I feel so darned blessed. BUT I also realize that not everyone will walk the streets of a foreign country, and not everyone will speak Spanish (slash other language) . BUT oh my goodness, I am so jealous of the missionaries that serve in the states too. 
There are a lot of things that are so wonderful about a mission. And there are a lot of things that are hard. Like, rough. But, the joys outweigh the sorrows a 100 times. 

You will see the church in a different light, through branches that are still pretty new, that are definitely still learning, and through the eyes of your investigators hearing the message of the restoration for the first time.
 
 You will realize how much you really love the gospel. It's so awesome, you come to know of the necessity that the gospel is in the lives of every single person. 

 You will learn what it feels like to really love your family. Wow, I thought I loved my family before.
 Addy Clark before the mission, YOU don't even know. 

You learn the importance of families. Please cherish your time with your sweet moms, and your wonderful families. 

You learn that you don't know how to cook squat without the internet. (Ask your mom to send you with some of her recipes!)

 You learn that wow, seminary was actually really important. I feel so grateful for my seminary teachers all through high school. Pay attention in seminary! 

And wow, one of the best things you can do to prepare for a mission is memorize your scripture mastery scriptures. It doesn't matter if you end up serving your mission in Mandarin chinese, you will still have those scriptures in your mind. I can't count the times that we have arrived at a house, and our investigator or a member will begin to cry as they talk of hard things that they are passing through, and I have those scriptures in my mind right off the bat to strengthen their faith. 

I am so grateful for my mission, and I love this beautiful country. Read Alma 26, you will understand that chapter in a whole different light on the mish. You will experience that joy. I promise! 

Keep on preparing, keep on being good, and you know what would be the biggest advice? Start being a missionary now. Like, invite your friends to church, share the gospel! You'll get out on the mission, and you'll wish that you had. 

Oh, and also, I LOVE when the youth are so willing to go visit a less active with me, or help teach a lesson to our investigators. The youth are so powerful. 

Anyways, the church is true. Mission prep is the bomb. We have a mission prep class here, and sometimes only one person comes, but he is just so pumped to serve, even if no one else from the whole district comes. And stand up for the right! 

Okay Mom, I love you and I love that you are teaching mission prep AKA building the kingdom of God through missionary work. Also, I don't have anytime left at all, so I just want to give a shout out to Grams for being such a strength to the sister missionaries in her ward. Reading about Grammy helping the sister missionaries left me a lil teary. LOVE YOU GRAMS!
           
  
We went to las ruinas en chinche otra vez. 
Somos Peru. 
Mom, Thank you for the CTR rings. E was SO excited, but he can't keep his eyes open in pics, so he always looks a lil wiped-out. But he was super excited about his new ring. Says, "everytime I want to do do something bad, I just need to look at my ring, and remember, "haz lo justo!" so cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment