Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Nor-mal, life is good

Wow, is this what life is like as a missionary when you aren't still so brand spankin new?
 I feel like everything that I did this week was pretty average, but-  it's not average to be here in this beautiful town that's called Quillabamba in a country that I love called Peru. Hmm...what happened? 

Well, life's a rollercoaster, I will say that. One moment I'm a little down in the dumps, a little bummed, and the next moment, so happy, like cloud 9. Am I bi-polar? I mean, I don't think so...it's just, that the mission is good. 

Oh yeah, one funny thing that I have been doing. So people here are very direct, and will just tell me right to my face, "Hermana Clark, tus granitos son tan feos, ¿que pasó?" Like, your acne is so ugly, what happened? Haha, I mean they say it out of love, but still. Anyways, i put savilla on my face, like straight aloe vera, the actual plant. It's this weird goo, and apparently it cures all. Like today, I put it in my hair mixed with egg (everything natural here, folks) to help my hair grow! 

Wowazowa, who knew? (Speaking of, look how long my braid is, wooooo!) 

Inline image 1


Lots of rain in Quilla lately. But still not cold, it is HAWAII-bamba, i'm serious.


Ghoenghi and his cat, he cracks me up. El pequeñito of my convert, Nori.
Inline image 2
 
I just love spending time with Yuli Salazar, any free moment that we have I want to spend with her. She doesn't have much, lives so humble, and just wants to serve a mission so bad. Her desire to share the gospel is contagious. 


Inline image 3


Then we had the talent show, and hermana firth and I sang "All Creatures of our god and king together. Definitely different than all the salla goin down.

Inline image 4
We have standards of excellence in our mission (pretty sure that everyone does), numbers that we want to have for the week, like how many lessons, how many contacts, how many references received, etc. Not that it is about the numbers, but it's a good way for us to know how we are progressing.
Anyways, this week, President upped the numbers. Like, a lot. Here I was fulfilling all the old numbers, feeling oh so cool, and then right when you're good,what usually happens? You are humbled. There are some numbers that seemed impossible to me, but this week, we worked hard. HARD. And, hey! We were able to fulfill some of the standards! I won't say all, because well, we're getting there, but I know that God always provides a way for his will to be accomplished. (Nephi knew it too, 1 ne 3:7)

Brian is back from Cusco after 5 years (no just kidding, he was gone for 5 weeks, but you know, haha) Told us he hadn't attended in Cusco, which I was just bummed about, but he's a timid fellow, so I kind of understood why. He still is just SO excited to be baptized. November 19 this the date!
An investigator I have taught basically my whole mission came to the chapel for the first time in this whole time, and this week again a second time. So that's a miracle. Still hesitant about getting baptized, but we'll see. That's Rosa, the one that always agrees with everything I say. ("AMEN hermana" "AMEN praise Jesus" things like that, she always says as I teach.) LOVE her. 

Okay, those are just a few random things. I love you all a BILLION. (I usually say a million, but i realized it's more than that)


Inline image 5
Oh está todo bien, 
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment