Monday, October 10, 2016

The BEST WEEK EVER

Hello darling family! 
How was your week? I bet that cool things happened in the states this week, but did anyone get to see a baptism AND a wedding of some of your favorite people in the world? I DID. Oh man oh man, I just want to take a lil time to brag about that, because I have waited almost my whole mission for this wonderful week, and it finally came. (It's actually kind of surreal to me that it all already happened.)


Okay, so first of all, I am training, like you may already know. Technically I have 3 hijas now  (Hermana Caballero , Hermana Garcia, and now Hermana Asang!), so I've been called "La Mama de la Zona Quillabamba ", or Mama Clark. Super proud of that, haha. No, kidding. Okay, but Hermana Asang. Honestly the biggest answer to prayers. She is SO good. SO pumped to work. Super niña, like very innocent, pure, just believes the best of every situation, and is not shy at all. She will talk to anyone. So that is a little tribute to my hija, Hermana Asang. We are very different, but she compliments me very well, and I sure do love her. 
Inline image 2

We traveled back from Cusco during the night on Wednesday so that I could be here on Thursday. I was like, there is no way that we arrive on the day of the wedding, there were still so many last minute things to do!

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. I LOVE weddings, and as they presented the couple for the first time, I just cried like a baby. Seriously, no it was actually a little embarrassing, but I just couldn't help it. It is a unexplainable joy. I thought deeply about the times in the beginning of my mission when I doubted if I really even had a purpose here in Peru, when we walked the streets for my first 6 weeks without a progressing investigator. I just thought, "Honestly, I could do a lot more missionary work at home in Spokane". 
Inline image 3

But let me tell you: I know that T&J G (Because now they are a married couple, wowazowa) I know that those two were waiting for me. They have passed through hard hard times in their lives, opposition, and lots of tears, but they are so strong. And the first lesson we had (Me and Hermana Celan) they told us,  "Hermanas, we're really not looking to get baptized, we just want to know more about the mormon church" and I remember thinking, "We'll see about THAT." hehe.  And everything after that is history. And as Tony got baptized, and then J came up out of the font, and in her soaking wet clothes, immediately took me in a huge hug, and we both cried, I just reflected on my life. And I am so happy my parents taught me the gospel of Jesus Christ, that I went to BYU-Idaho, that I had good friends who always encouraged me to go on a mission, and that I made that choice. Where would I be right now if I hadn't?
Inline image 1

I love. my. mission.


I am blessed beyond measure. My Heavenly Father sure does love me.  And His children in Peru, and in all the world. 

Thank you for your prayers always. I will never stop being grateful for those prayers. 

Families can be together forever. This I KNOW. So grateful for my sweet family, my favorite people in the world. I am always bearing testimony of the family here. It is the basis of my testimony. Everyone has their keystones, and I just love how the gospel focuses on families. 

T and J and C, are on the road to the temple. They love talking about that day in one year, and when Jessie was thanking everyone for coming to the wedding on Thursday (like a little speech), she said, "We are grateful for everyone who made this day possible, because now that we had THIS day, we can prepare for an even more special day in one year where we can be married for eternity in the temple". You can imagine that the tears were coming fast at that point.

This church is so true. It has brought me all the happiness I feel everyday, happiness that lasts more than a night, or a party, or this week when Jessie made me a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, because she  found peanut butter here. I felt JOY in that moment,  but the joy of the gospel is so much bigger! 

Lotsa love a cada uno de ustedes!
Chao! :) 

Inline image 4
PS If you would like to  send  me a letter, (which I know you would ;)  you can send it to this address. Also, my friends who are getting married, shout out to you all, PLEASE LET A SISTA MISSIONARY  KNOW. hehe Love you all!
Hermana Addysen Clark
Peru Cusco Mission. 
Av. de la Cultura 2417. 
Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula. 
Capilla Mormona, Cusco. Peru

A, one of my favorites, she's like my adopted lil sister here, made me a friendship bracelet. Stole my heart honestly, that lil one. She's cole's age. 
When I gave our wedding gift to T&J, a set of nice scriptures. THEY LOVE THEM, I can't explain, it made me feel so good. 

I taught T and J how to make microwave popcorn (I found a bag here, WHAT?) It was cracking me up, I felt so much like Grammy as I explained to them that 2 minutes on the microwave was better than the popcorn button, haha(because they just got a microwave  too) They were so mind boggled with micro wave popcorn, it was the funniest thing. I love them so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment