Monday, October 31, 2016

All of these things shall be for your benefit, and shall be for your good

Wow. A crazy week, all. You might wanna put on your cinturon de seguridad to listen to this here email. I had a crazy week. 


Got a package from my Dad that I adore

First of all, I am grateful for the little things in life. I've been keeping a "grateful-journal", and no it isn't cheesy, it's actually like my fave thing ever. It makes me so happy to look back on all my many many blessings every night. I am blessed x 10. (PS are hashtags still a thing? Keep me hip. hehe)


Some things I was grateful for this week:
Spring-cleaning our room in October. We put egg white and savilla in our hair to make it grow mas rapidamente, and then put a plastic bag over our heads, so that the heat would help enforce the savilla and egg white. (or somethin like that, I have no idea.) Then, we ran downstairs to give a book to the other sister missionaries, and locked ourselves out of our room, WITH plastic bags on our heads.Oh my gosh, I was dying. But I was grateful for such a sweet companion that just laughed the whole time as people watched us try to pick the lock on our door. 



I was really grateful for Hna M this week. It was a different kind of grateful, because she has really taught me a lot about the kind of person I want to be and that I don't want to be. She was very set on leaving her family, and being released from her calling, as least, as of Tuesday. I decided that I had done a lot for them, and that I wasn't seeing much progress in her family, so we decided to go and visit her, and her husband, Hermano G. In that lesson on Tuesday, they just fought the whole time, and it was kind of uncomfortable for us. But,at the end of the lesson, I testified of the atonement, and Christ's power to heal, not just individuals, but relationships. When we draw closer to Christ, our relationship grows stronger. A lil Dr Phil (I mean, Dr Hermana Clark action) was just what we did, and then told them we'd be praying for them, and we left. I cried so many tears about them that day. I just love them so much, and I don't know why, but I just wanted that relationship to heal more than anything. Then, miracle of the week, their whole family came to church together this Sunday with smiles on their faces. Hermano G sincerely thanked me for my prayers, and he said that he has felt them in their relationship, and then today he texted us and said, "tonight we are having family night together, and I will preside with the priesthood. Right on! I was so happy to receive that text. 



Grateful for when people here try to speak to me in English. It is my favorite thing. Whenever T calls or we call him he says, "hello seesters, how are juh?" 
The best, I'm serious. 


More than anything, this week I had a rollercoaster with my health. Well, I've been pretty prideful about my health here in Peru. I've almost always refused to go to the doctor, I've always said- we don't have time to rest, and I had 0 desire to take more pills. 
This week, I was very sick. So sick that I am actually writing you this letter from the hospital. I received lab results this week telling me that I have 2 intestinal infections, parasites, and Typhoid. I have never been so sick in my life, and was very weak starting on Thursday. I have been sick for a long time, and I have just pushed it aside, because all I wanted to do was work, and I felt like I would be a lazy missionary for taking a breather. And I guess more than anything, I just didn't want to ask for help, or be a burden to anyone. 


Saturday night I was scary sick. Like, sicker than ever, but we didn't have credit left to be able call anyone with our cell phone. In that moment of serious darkness, when I didn't know what we were going to do, without any reason at all, our mission President called us. As the phone rang and I was throwing up and crying and just so sick, I felt the spirit so strong that my Heavenly Father is aware of me. It was such a miracle, and then the elders were able to come to our house and give me a priesthood blessing. In the blessing, he said, "I bless you with patience in this trial, and that you will understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that He felt the pain you feel right now". How sweet is that? I never thought of it like that, that when Christ suffered for my sins, he felt my physical pains as well. 
After that, we traveled to Cusco, and I had been in observation in the hospital for a good little while. I stayed the night here last night, but really am so SO much better now. The people here are taking such good care of me, and I should be headed home soon soon (that is, home to sweet Quillabamba.)

The Spirit is real, and it has so many roles:
*It can testify through my voice to broken families about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
*It can warn us of danger, and when we need to rest. 
*And it can comfort us when we are thousands of miles away from our families in a hospital room in Peru. 

The love of our Heavenly Father is real. He hears every word of our prayers, even a desperate cry in scary sickness. 
I love my Heavenly Father, and I give all the glory to Him. I will serve him until the day I die, and then into the eternities.  

Inline image 1
Love you all, Thank you for every email, every letter, and every prayer. I felt your prayers especially strong this week.

Oh està, todo bien, 
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment